You know that moment when you and your friends say “ah we should totally do this!” and then it never happens.. Yeah that sucks. Imagine all the fun times you could have with all of them if you would actually do all those things. I have the same problem with some of my friends. Somewhere in 2015 we said we would eat sushi all together, but that never happened. But we decided to do something about it and made a bucketlist of all the things we should do and all the thing we want to do. And with every item we can stripe of our list, we take a picture and put it in a book with a description of the bucketlist item we did and how it was and where it was. This way, when we look back in a couple of years, we have a book full of memories and great stories and we also make sure that we keep doing fun things together that are a little weird at times. We don’t want to end up sitting on the couch every evening, sipping wine and talking gossip. We can make plans if we are together and talk about the things we have done.
If you are reading this and think “yeah, great idea and all, but what should I do?” don’t fret. I’ll share part of my bucektlist with you for inspiration.
- First of all the thing you already know, we are going to eat sushi and we have set a date
- We want to visit at least 10 capital cities together
- Hitchhiking to someplace we don’t know but just picked from google or the atlas
- In the same corner, going to the airport and buy a last minute ticket to wherever
- We are going to try to break a Guinness world record. We don’t know in what yet, but I’m sure there is some kind of weird record that we can better
- Play hide and seek in the IKEA
- Jump on grapes with our bare feat
- Play Monopoly with real money
- Order dessert first, then a header and then the starter. Just because it is possible.
- Tape ourselves to a wall
- Solve a Rubik’s cube.
- Experiencing absolute silence for 24 hours
- Not spending any money for a week and..
- Only telling the truth for a week
- See a complete season of a series in one day
- And so on and on and on
You can put anything on your bucketlist. The only rule is, once it is on the list you have to do it and you can’t take it off. The whole idea of our bucketlist is that we do all the fun stuff we can think of and have memories in the future we can smile at. And we don’t want to weist any time with all the things we want to do in our lives. There are seven days in a week, and someday isn’t one of them.